Franz Schmidt Music School
Registered as:

Franz Schmidt Music School

General Information

Year of Foundation:  1982

Since 1982 the market village of Perchtoldsdorf has operated the Franz-Schmidt-Musikschule, an educational institution with public status. The school was named after the composer Franz Schmidt (1874-1939) who spent the years between 1926 until his death in 1939 as a resident of Perchtoldsdorf. A portion of the composers estate is on display in the offices of the music school. 

Next to a broad selection of instrumental lessons, the school also offers a variety of courses for children between the ages of 3-6 as well as music theory lessons for the older students. The Youth and School Orchestras, as well as the Big Band and the Brass Band as well as the annual open air concerts together with the music school in Kanppenhof (the Knappenhof opera alternates with the concert evenings) are integral components of the cultural life in Perchtoldsdorf.

Educational Organisation of (Person)

Contact, Links